Sunday, March 21, 2010

spring break fun!

I know that when I last posted I shared about some hard times so I thought I would share some good times. Mary Grace had spring break this past week so here are a few of our adventures.
Sleeping late, Daddy's birthday, Aunt Jana's birthday, nice dinners, movies, shopping, pedicures with aunt Jana, a play and lunch with grandma, playing outside, planting flowers, getting rocking chairs, beautiful weather, baking cookies and just spending lots of time together! I am really going to miss having Mary Grace around the house this week as she will be back to school. Also I wanted to share something neat. This past week I read Psalm 23. It is an amazing
Psalm that I felt like God laid on my heart. At church today the worship leader shared this same Psalm and then sang a song about it. I felt overwhelmed with God's faithfulness to love and hold us when we are hurting. It reminds me that we will go through hard times but He will never leave us. I know that I do not deserve God's grace and love but He gives it and fills us up when feel empty. My prayer for myself and others is contentment in Christ alone.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like yall had a great spring break! I am Jealous! love and miss yall wish i could come with mom to see you! im praying for you!