Monday, April 19, 2010

Fun Weekend!

This weekend was busy and fun. Friday Mary Grace had a friend spend the night. I walked in the march of dimes Saturday morning with my sweet friend Mindy. It was fun to see so many people supporting such a great cause! Mary Grace finished up her soccer season with her last game. She had a great season and lots of fun. We finished the day with a birthday party for our nephew Ethan. Today is his eighth birthday. Happy birthday Ethan! Sunday we went to church, cleaned house and went to grandma's for dinner.
There was a great guest speaker at church Sunday. He is a writer and he shared something neat with us. He said when he gets stuck while writing he always asks the question what if. He said this gets him thinking. He also said this can work in our life. What if we adopt a child, what if we volunteer more, what if we move etc. The list could go on and on:) When he said this the first thought that I had was what if I trust God. I know that I love God and I long to glorify Him with my life but I did not realize how little I have trusted Him with everything. I know that sounds terrible. After thinking about this I really felt peace that I could trust God and that I do not need to worry about things I cannot control. God is so much bigger then our problems, our worries and I am learning it is through these things God teaches us and helps us to grow.
I will post some pictures soon!

No comments: