Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Grateful

We are in the two week wait to see if this is the time we will get pregnant. I have realized with a little help from Jon that I have to let go and know God is in control. This cycle has been emotional. I think mostly because we were pregnant last cycle and I thought we were done with fertility treatments. I have put so much pressure on myself for things to work. I know that sounds crazy but its true. I keep thinking if I do everything right things will work. My sweet husband keeps reminding me that I have to stop making our infertility about me. It has nothing to do with me. We can take all the medications and do the fertility treatments but God is in control of what happens. Thinking I can somehow control the outcome is crazy and not logical. I went over to my sweet friend Alisa's house for coffee this morning. She was so nice to listen and encourage me. We talked about how its all about God and has nothing to do with us. That is true with every situation. It was so freeing to think about that. I have made so much of our infertility about me and what I can do to fix it. I can do nothing to fix it. I reminded myself that I need to praise God when life is difficult and I need to praise him when things are good. God loves us wherever we are! He loves us when we are sad, broken, hurt, and He loves us when we are happy and full of joy. This journey has brought a lot of tears but it has also shown me how much God loves me. He has provided money, family support, friends to love on us and has taught me to be grateful for what I have.

No comments: